Monday 1 July 2013

DAY 1 - First day Blogging & Training


Its on like a scone


This will be my first entry into my first blog , I'm attempting to pull off a competitive 18Km obstacle race almost starting from square one (2kms is a challenge) in only one month.... I will be tracking my workouts ,eating plans from today till the race!!!!

Warrior Black-ops
The Ultimate Challenge is the Warrior Black-ops Event. This BEAST of all obstacle races will be 18km in length, completed with 30 gruelling obstacles. The Black-ops race is not designed to be your friend… it is a testing battlefield where casualties will be a reality. The harder you hit this race – the harder it will hit back; so don’t try to give it a knockout in the first 10km, you will fail unexpectedly!
The Black-ops race is designed to test every possible muscle fibre in the human body, as well as seriously test your mental strength to carry you over each hurdle and the final 4km – you will have to push past your limitations!
This race is for the more serious athletes and fitness brutes, but remember that a true warrior never leaves a struggling or weakening fellow Warrior behind!


I really have dived into the deep end hear, but it will be my swan song before I pack up for my adventures in JHB.


Objectives

  • Complete the course!!!  (Sounds simple but this is not called black-ops for nothing)
  • Drastically Improve running fitness
  • Improve Endurance strength 

 So where do I begin............................ Creating bench marks to measure my performance!!!!

 DAY 1

Strength/ Endurance Test (modified Jim Jones 300 workout)  For time run every Monday
  1. 25 pull-ups
  2. 50 close grip pushups
  3. 50 single Kettlebell clean + Press
  4. 50 Hanging leg raises
  5. 50 Box jumps
  6. 50 single kettlbell DL on a box
  7. 25 pull-ups

Easy Stuff ;)
Time completed 01/07/2013 26mins GOAL sub 20mins

Fitness......... BEEP TEST
completed 01/07/2013      11 GOAL  13+


I will deal with nutrition section tomorrow

Remarks


I really have stuck my foot in my mouth on this one!!!!!!! 













No comments:

Post a Comment